Saturday, 21 February 2015

Tate Modern

Tate Modern


Inspirational pieces
In advance i am sorry about the blurry pictures
Burn Hole 1961
Henk Peeters


This piece has inspired me through it's simplistic art.



Unititled
Nam June Palik

From this piece of art i gathered that the media corrupt and it priniting a facage and in the the eyes of the artist is unworthy of title hence the title 'Untitled'. I also gathered the impression that the paint is the cover the lies that we read.It also makes us as people think of how much trust we put into the media to tell us accurate information(unless your the 'Sun Newspaper').
I think the childish painting represents us and that like children we believe in most things we read in the media.In conclusion media can arguably be summed to be a corrupted piece of art as media is a different form of art.
I'm inspired through how a simple piece of art work can be interpreted to have such a deep meaning.

Victrola
Nam June Paik

I am inspired through the combination of sculptural and instillation to create an exquisite piece of art with also thoughtful meaning.

Bakelite Robot
Nam Jun Palik



Mediterrranite 
Ellsworth Kelly 
I'm inspired by the different shades of colours used in this piece of art and how they complement each other.From it i interpreted that it represented the human race.That we are individuals.In this picture it's not very clear but there are two different types of blacks because of texture and colour.I think that this relates to society now as there are racial issues happening within the black  community where people separate themselves calling each other 'light skin' and 'dark skin' which divides the community and has now determined what sort of people we can go out with and what is defined as beauty.In the black community to be lighter skinned is seen as more beautiful and is classed completely as another shade however what these people don't realise is that we are all black,all from one race.I think it's sad to see this division between us.This sort of thing also happens in the Asian and Hispanic community. This reminded me of a short documentary i watched on vice about how people in Jamaica bleach their skin to become lighter. if you would like to research this more type 'Light skin Vs Darkskin' into Google.The art shows there are many different shades of one colour however overall it would all be seen as one colour which is black,blue,e.t.c....

This is a link to the vice video i spoke about.




No comments:

Post a Comment