Emotional Riffing
The emotional Riffing exercise gave me a new perception of what defines experimental theatre. Experimental theatre to me is exploiting ones vocals and what they can do physical with their body.The exercise involves pushing yourself to the extremes and beyond by fully investing your body and voice into the exercise finding your animal self.
Through observation i discovered by everyone by fully committing to the exercise people were confident in leading physically and/or vocally.During the exercise i felt of sense of intense,care-free energy as people bounced off each other.
By the end of the exercise i felt at peace with myself(inner peace).
I got the phrase inner peace from Kung fu Panda. I think if the character was to find inner peace it would be similar to the way i was feeling at the end of the session.
The exercise calmed and tamed people in my class.
Emotional Riffing
I couldn't find a video of emotional riffing however instead I've made my own interpretation of emotional riffing by breaking it down into 2.Below are two videos.The first one explores different Human emotions and the other is someone riffing.

No comments:
Post a Comment