Evaluation
Well overall it was a great experience and nothing for us but the audience too as we immersed them into a world that hadn't entered before. The actors and the audience discovered the world from a different perspective.
Before the shows-4:20(ish)
I was less nervous as this was a group performance which involved not learning a lot of lines so that was a relief .
The only thing seriously on my mind was remembering the transitions and the little lines to say in our trios however I kept myself calm.
The first performance-4:30pm
Naturally as it was the first performance I was excited to release the energy which had been building up inside of me during the wait. I was looking forward to study and manipulate the audience in a way in which they've never experienced before.
What took us by surprise
During our class piece the audience didn't dispense in a way we've placed so performance space became limited and we ended up performing mainly on one side of the performance area. Naturally as the audience were standing it became unfair for who could see our piece so sadly people near the back couldn't experience the full effect of performance.
During the performance I tried separating them and I putting them on the sides but it's a lot of work for one person.
Duets and Trios
For our trio piece we were taken a back by how loud it was. It was so loud that we couldn't hear our music but lucky we had prepared for this and we could adapt our piece without the music. The music wasn't central to our performance. I think this is a great example of organised theatre. With it being loud it became a slight competition to be heard as the piece next to us were shouting a lot in their piece which drew a lot of audience attention. As we used a lot of physical theatre without music it may have become less attractive to watch. Music does contribute to the emotion .To watch physical theatre I guess it's easier to understand when knowing a bit about it. That may be one factor why less audience members watched ours.
On top of this someone had taken our masking tap which we were going to use in our trio. This slightly annoyed us and also made us slightly confused but as professional actors we were able to make quick subtle changes and perform to the best of our ability.
What went well
I loved giving the breath of life when blowing on their hands. It was interesting to explore the beauty of a hand with breath. Blowing around possessions such as a ring. I think showing care when doing this builds a small loving connection between the audience and actors. I think the emotional connection was also created by the actors giving an interactive performance with one or two audience members. By having this interaction it changed the mood of the piece giving a calmer atmosphere.
When telling the childhood stories it was nice to get a reaction to what you said. I received laughter and subtle smiles.
The transition when moving the boards were slick.
The transition when moving the boards were slick.
Goals for the second performance
For the trio section our aim(Me, Naomi and George) is to draw the audience into our piece. We decided to do this through asking questions such as 'who can say what's important?' and also repeating what roles we represent. Instead of saying the media once for this small section, I repeat it three times during our piece. so when new audience members come along during our performance they have a small understanding of what is going on and who we represent. We also decided that it was reasonable that we speak when doing the physical theatre so there's something to listen to as well.
Our second goal was to make sure we share our performance evenly during the group piece.This means spreading the audience out so everyone can watch.
Our second goal was to make sure we share our performance evenly during the group piece.This means spreading the audience out so everyone can watch.
The second performance-6:00pm
Second chance-class piece
Once again the transition of moving the boards and getting the audience inside was very slick and professional.I tried to make sure this was all done in silence without telling the audience what to do as this could ruin the atmosphere of intensity and slight confusion.
During the section when running around the boards the lights were dimmed .This came at a slight risk as i ran into someone who was running in the other direction.I loved the effect the lights had on the performance however i think a warning should of been given and we should of been told to run in the same direction.
Improvements for our Trio
By asking more questions and repeating who we represented we were able to attract more audience.Some even took the time to read our rationale which appreciated.
When asking the question 'Who can say what is important?' the person who i question was taken a back and most of the time unsure of what to say which could suggest they pondering on the question.I'm hoping by asking the question they may give it a thought and try and think who can say what s important.
We were able to find the tape for the next performance and this slightly added to our confidence of giving a great trio.The tape was a great representation of showing how the media can silence society and the government.
Improvements to spreading the audience
When performing i tried to add in little parts of when i sectioned the audience to the side so they can all equally see what was happening.
Goals for the last performance
To make our final performance amazing without injuries we should keep the dimmed lights but also all run in the same direction.
Other complaints were that during the dragging of the bodies peoples genitals were in other peoples faces.I think if i am dragging the bodies i will try my hardest to make sure people are placed in reasonable positions however if this situation does occur again as professional actors you simply have to get over it as these accidental things can happen.
The Final Performance-7:30pm
What took us by surprise
During the dragging of the bodies,the trios who were before our performance forgot to clean the floor and i slipped on paint.This ruined the tense energy in the room and what we did then on felt like a slight mockery.naturally it made audience members laugh and this was slight distraction however of course i carried on.It was a shame that this happened in the last performance as i was determined to make the last performance the best one.
Changes to the Trios
A slight change was made.We decided that tape was not needed as it prolonged our Trio in a non-beneficial way.It was long tearing the tape to put on Naomi's and George's mouth during the physical theatre section plus the tape was only used for 5 seconds before it was taken off again and thrown to the side.We couldn't re-use the pieces of tape because when thrown to the side they touch the dirty flooring and these pieces of tape are used against their mouths. Our Trios went as planned and was able to attract a vast variety of audience.
Overall Audience reactions
when spurring up a conversation from one of my friends who watched the performance she said 'first time I watched it I was scared,confused and I realised you guys were sperms at some point.'
My mum said it was quite unusual in the way in which we blew on their hands and on a whole it was a great performance.
My mum said it was quite unusual in the way in which we blew on their hands and on a whole it was a great performance.
From the overall feedback I've concluded that we were able to create this immersive world in which the audience have never been before and we as a theatre group ave reached our objective for cabinet of curiosities.
If i was to do it again
If i was to do this unit again i would i would spend a larger amount of time devising my trio giving a more abstract feel and i would also bring better speakers.
What i enjoyed
I enjoyed learning how to tell a story through experimenting with physicality and vocals.Creating this unknown/unheard of world.I LOVED doing emotional riffing s i felt free within the activity and so alive
If i was to do it again
If i was to do this unit again i would i would spend a larger amount of time devising my trio giving a more abstract feel and i would also bring better speakers.
What i enjoyed
I enjoyed learning how to tell a story through experimenting with physicality and vocals.Creating this unknown/unheard of world.I LOVED doing emotional riffing s i felt free within the activity and so alive
No comments:
Post a Comment